When the old beast Pixiu1 went out to throw away the garbage, a male ghost fell into his arms just after he finished categorizing the garbage.
This male ghost was named Wen Xi, and he was as beautiful as a flower. Not only that, but he was also soft and cool to the touch, which meant he was perfect for Pixiu to use as an ice pillow. After all, Pixiu had been punished by the Heavens, and was doomed to endure insufferable hotness surging inside his body.
Although Pixiu swore to the Heavens that he was only using the ghost as an ice pillow, no one believed him.
Pixiu: “Even if the red thread of fate holds my body, my heart is that of a bachelor!”
Wen Xi, who was sealed in a fermentation jar for hundreds of years, was finally released to the world…..only to find himself turned into a child-bride2 to pay off his debts.
However, this “Husband” of his was also a self-employed beast, who had to pay taxes and repay loans every month.
Wen Xi: “Is the other Pixiu3 as miserable as you are?”
Although those two were a mess, they turned out to be a good match in the end. Even Yue Lao4 gave them a marriage interview.
The only thing Pixiu knew to say was that finding a beautiful wife was fairly easy. You just have to be good at sorting through garbage.
In other words: I picked up my wife in the garbage can.
Status: 106 Chapters + 3 Extras (Complete).
RAWs Source: Here.
Manhua RAWs: Here.
Manhua Eng: Here.
NU Page: Here.
Translated into other languages:
Update Schedule: At least 1 Chapter per week, but my schedule is sporadic at the moment~
- 貔貅 pí xiū; Mythical creature that brings good luck and wards off evil.
- 童养媳 tóng yǎng xí; Also known as “foster daughter-in-law”. These were girls who were raised/adopted by their in-laws until they were old enough to marry the son of the family. This practice was mostly prevalent among poor families, who couldn’t afford to pay the bride’s dowry.
- The mythological beast Pixiu was traditionally depicted in China as a male-female pair, one with a single horn (male, 貔 pì also known as 天禄 tiān lù) and the other with two horns (female, 貅 xiū also known as 避邪 bì xié).
- 月老 yuè lǎo; The God of Marriage. Also known as the ‘Old Man Under the Moon’ (月下老人 yuè xià lǎo rén).
LATEST CHAPTER RELEASESChange Chapter Order
- Chapter 35 3 days ago
- Chapter 34 November 7, 2023
- Chapter 33 October 30, 2023
- Chapter 32 October 30, 2023
- Chapter 31 October 29, 2023
- Chapter 30 October 10, 2023
- Chapter 29 August 1, 2023
- Chapter 28 June 13, 2023
- Chapter 27 June 12, 2023
- Chapter 26 June 11, 2023
- Chapter 25 May 23, 2023
- Chapter 24 March 12, 2023
- Chapter 23 March 12, 2023
- Chapter 22 March 12, 2023
- Chapter 21 February 6, 2023
- Chapter 20 December 9, 2022
- Chapter 19 October 31, 2022
- Chapter 18 October 29, 2022
- Chapter 17 October 24, 2022
- Chapter 16 September 23, 2022
- Chapter 15 September 3, 2022
- Chapter 14 September 2, 2022
- Chapter 13 August 31, 2022
- Chapter 12 August 29, 2022
- Chapter 11 August 13, 2022
- Chapter 10 August 11, 2022
- Chapter 9 August 9, 2022
- Chapter 8 July 26, 2022
- Chapter 7 July 25, 2022
- Chapter 6 July 22, 2022
- Chapter 5 July 18, 2022
- Chapter 4 July 11, 2022
- Chapter 3 July 4, 2022
- Chapter 2 June 27, 2022
- Chapter 1 June 21, 2022