Teaser! Please let tarararawr know on the Foxaholic Discord if you’re interested in picking this up!
If you enjoy this translation, then support me through Ko-fi!
A certain hot topic: 「Why do Wen Li and Song Yan have so many CP1 fans?」
The original poster wrote: It’s obvious that they’ve been married for two years, but they do not have any movie or TV collaborations, or variety show shots in the same frame, and I have never seen them interact on social media. The entertainment industry accepts them as a couple with a contract marriage where they are even too lazy to act like they are in love. I am extremely puzzled by why they have so many CP fans. I swear I am not black2.
The popular reply: 「CP fan here letting myself in. To clarify for the original poster: They really don’t interact much, and their sugar is observed under a microscope. But—
- In terms of appearance, they are a pair with god-like faces. When our Three Powers3 was a young newcomer, someone had a YY4 of what they would look like in the same frame. Afterwards, the picture exploded in the industry. Black Swan5 x White Moonlight6. A huge number of similar personas in the entertainment industry emerged rapidly as food substitutes.
- In terms of fame ranking, they are both first-tier. They are strong in every sense, okay?
- There are so many fairy madams in the inner circle. They write fanfiction, draw fanart, and edit videos and photos; they eat grain and eat until they burst7. They are reluctant to leave the pit when they think about getting out.
To summarize: No matter how much of a plastic couple8 people say they are, we will still ship this CP as long as they never announce a divorce!」
The topic was popular for several months. Suddenly, this plastic couple announced that they would join a national variety show for couples.
Before the recording started, the staff interviewed the celebrity couples separately in order to test the mutual understanding between them.
“Mr. and Mrs., may I ask what your original intention in participating in this program was?”
Other celebrity couples:
“I can consider this a recording of our life right now. We can reminisce about it together when we are old.”
“We don’t usually spend a lot of time together, so I wanted us to have the opportunity to spend more time together through the program.”
Wen Li: “To make money.”
Song Yan: “You guys gave too much money.”
You don’t even want to f***ing act, do you?
Just when the opposing couples thought that this contractual couple, who was invited to the program and didn’t even feel like doing their schedule, would definitely flop, the variety show blew up.
「I apologize. Before the broadcast, I thought Grain of Salt9 would be the most awkward couple, but after the broadcast, Grain of Salt are the sweetest.」
One day, Wen Li received a special invitation to record for an idol variety show. She was to dance a fresh and pure girl group dance in front of the camera.
It just so happened that Song Yan was arranged to visit her on this show by the variety show’s production team during the contract period. They looked at each other from across the stage.
After the recording for the idol program, Wen Li desperately tried to explain like she had nothing else to live for, “I was not pretending to be young. They were the ones forcing me to dance.”
Song Yan calmly said, “It turns out that you can dance, but clearly you would rather die than follow my request back then.”
Wen Li suddenly glared at him. “But what you asked me to do at that time was take off—”
After that, the program switched the audio, and the small theater ended at that point. Wen Li’s words were ruthlessly silenced.
# Huh? How did I turn yellow automatically? #
# Is it what I think it is? A uhh strip dance? #
# If you have the guts, then don’t silence her! #
# Production team, you don’t have a heart #
# Tell me more! That’s what we, single dogs, love to hear! #
The original poster of the topic added: “Thank you everyone! You don’t have to reply anymore. I’m already at the bottom of the pit! Awesome10!”
The story synopsis:
—I used to be spotless, but later I was covered in mud. Yet, you were always beautiful, delicate, and made me reluctant to let go.
—You were so dazzling that you disturbed my pure dreams. Thus, I decided to crawl up from the mud and break away from you.
- CP means couple pairing
- Referring to black fans that are like internet trolls
- San Li (三力) means three ‘li’ characters. The ‘Li’ (荔) in Wen Li’s name has three ‘li’ (力) in it, so it’s probably the fan nickname for her.
- YY means unrealistic fantasy or a delusion
- 黑天鹅 (hēitiān’é) – Black swan is someone that is silent and aloof
- 白月光 (báiyuèguāng) – White moonlight is a man’s first love that he is unable to forget
- Using fan terms here. Eat grain = join the fandom. Eat until they burst = use any excess energy in doing things for the fandom
- Plastic couples are couples who look good on the outside, but realize they don’t have the same values or their feelings have changed after marriage
- 盐粒 (yánlì) – the couple’s nickname using words with similar pinyin to ‘yan’ from Song Yan and ‘li’ from Wen Li
- 真香 (zhēnxiāng) – it’s what is said when a person is determined about something or have a certain prediction, but the final results are different