Pita Chips – Fox23’s Food Diary
Hi there~ Foxy here with a delicious and easy recipe to share.
Pita Chips! So delicious and excellent with hummus. *drools*
Even better, you don’t need a lot of ingredients to make it – just get some flour, water, salt, yeast, and oil.
- 1 cup warm water (not hot or boiling)
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 to 2 teaspoons olive oil (optional but it makes your life easier)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder (if you want some extra flavor)
- Combine all the dry ingredients (yeast, flour, salt, and garlic powder) together. Add in the water, and knead the dough into a smooth ball.
- Place the dough in the bowl, add in the olive oil, and turn the dough around until the surface is completely coated in oil. Cover with a clean dishcloth or plastic wrap and let the dough rise until it has doubled in size, 1-2 hours.
- Once the dough has doubled in size, divide the dough into 8. Roll out each piece into a circle or square depending on your preference, about a quarter of an inch thick.
- Heat up a pan with medium-high heat. Add some oil into the pan and cook your rolled out pita dough for a few minutes on each side.
Now you have pita bread yay~ You can stop here and enjoy the soft flatbread or slice the bread into squares, liberally coat said squares with oil, and toast in the oven to make some pita chips.